PROGRAM ASSOCIATE Part-Time
ACCESS ALASKA INC. 1217 E 10th Ave Anchorage, AK 99501
We strongly encourage persons who experience a disability to apply!
Applications can be found: on our website at http://accessalaska.org/about-us/employment/. Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax these documents to (907) 248-0639.
Assists in the operation of the CDPCS Program by providing day-to-day support to CDPCS Consumers,
and support to staff working with the Program’s DSPs. Works cooperatively with other program staff,
outside agencies and care providers regarding consumer needs.
- Receives referrals and directs consumers and callers to our CDPCS programs and services, or other
agency and community resources.
- Attends intakes, assessments and reassessments to provide support and advocacy to consumers when
- Informs all consumers of program regulations and their responsibilities while participating in the
CDPCS Program completes consumer orientation paperwork.
- Assists consumers with Senior and Disability Services (SDS) required paperwork when needed.
- Coordinates with Program Associate to ensure reassessment packets are sent to consumers in
Accordance with SDS timeline and submits to SDS within requested timeline.
- Responsible for all Private Pay referrals and intakes and oversight of services; assists Database
Specialist and Accounting with monthly billing.
- Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with coworkers, consumers and their
relatives, guardians, representatives, and community agencies and programs.
- Ensures that any information necessitating a report to Adult Protective Services or a Critical Incident
Report to SDS is done so within the required timeframe.
- Completes and returns UT reports to Database Specialist and/or Quality Assurance personnel in a
- Maintains all databases with accurate consumer information; updates consumer lists regularly; inputs
and maintains CIL Suite database information.
- Assists with DSP hiring and orientations as needed; is the backup person for fingerprinting and BCU
submissions; may be required to coordinate DSP training classes when Program Associate is not
- Assists in the review of timesheets to make sure that the SLA is followed appropriately, including that
The DSP has not worked overtime or unauthorized hours.
- Conduct follow-up calls to DSPs with incomplete or problematic time sheets when needed.
- Educates CDPCS staff on applicable Medicaid regulations.
- Attend and participate in CDPCS staff meetings as scheduled.
EDUCATION & TRAINING: Min. High School graduate or GED Preferred: 2 years of college
EXPERIENCE: Min. 1-2 years working with the public using customer service
skills, completing paperwork, tracking and following up
on assigned tasks and duties, and entering information into
PREFERRED: 1-2 years’ experience working in a non-profit
social service agency serving people with disabilities.
- Interest in working with a community-based social service agency serving people with disabilities.
- Able to effectively communicate in person and in writing; must have good customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including database management and data entry skills.
- Able to comply with agency polices procedures and confidentiality protocols.
- May be required to work in the community so must have reliable transportation.
Benefits package offered: Medical Dental Vision, generous PTO, 10 paid Holidays
403-B, Life Insurance, Bereavement Leave
Pay $17.24 – $21.21 DOE
Access Alaska, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Access Alaska, Inc. makes every effort to ensure that in every phase of its recruitment and selection processes equal employment opportunity is provided to all individuals regardless of race, color, genetics, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, change in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability, national origin or citizenship, or veteran’s status. Access Alaska, Inc. is an at-will employer.