ACCESS ALAKSA INC. 1217 E 10TH AVE ANCHORAGE, AK 99501
To apply and see a full job description: Visit our Website at www.accessalaska.org please complete a STAFF application and submit it to email@example.com or Fax to 907-248-0639
IL ADVOCATE – WELLNESS
- To assist persons experiencing a serious mental illness to live independently within the community of their choice and to achieve physical, emotional and economic independence.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Establishes eligibility or makes appropriate timely referrals with consistent follow-up.
- Helps consumers develop a Treatment Plan with the Mental Health Clinician based on their Behavioral Health Assessment that reflects their individual goals and needs.
- Structures and provides peer support activities and training based on individual goals or service requests. Services may be provided to individuals, family members or in a group setting.
- Helps consumer’s access community resources and information including multi-agency collaboration and education regarding their rights, how to self-advocate for their needs, and how to complete processes needed to secure those services.
- Attends community events and meetings related to IL issues and services as approved.
- Helps provide consumers with access to Assistive Technology, Computer lab and additional Access Alaska equipment.
- Thoroughly, accurately, and consistently enters goals, services, contacts, and demographic information in CIL Suite and AK Aims database systems.
- Networks with community resources to ensure an understanding of Access Alaska’s services and the services available in the community for Wellness consumers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training:
- BS/BA degree in Social Work or related field preferred. Documented additional related training or continuing education preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience that is comparable (experience may be substituted for education on a year to year basis) in human services field working with adults that experience serious mental illness; Peer support experience preferred. Direct personal or family experience with mental health issues is required.
- 3-6 months
Equipment & Tools Used
Copy Machine, Fax Machine, Microsoft Office, Computer, Personal electronics
$17.24 to $21.21
Confidentiality, integrity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Works well in a team environment, Excellent written and communication skills
Active support of our Mission, Customer focused services
Access Alaska, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Access Alaska, Inc. makes every effort to ensure that in every phase of its recruitment and selection processes equal employment opportunity is provided to all individuals regardless of race, color, genetics, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, change in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability, national origin or citizenship, or veteran’s status. Access Alaska, Inc. is an at-will employer.