INDEPENDENT LIVING ADVOCATE
ACCESS ALASKA INC. 1217 E 10th Ave Anchorage, AK 99501
We strongly encourage persons who experience a disability to apply!
Applications can be found: on our website at http://accessalaska.org/about-us/employment/. Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax these documents to (907) 248-0639.
Access Alaska is seeking a qualified individual to fill a full-time Independent Living Advocate position in our Anchorage office! An ideal candidate will be compassionate, resourceful, and be familiar with community resources. This position will actively assist persons experiencing disabilities to live independently within the community of their choice and to achieve physical, emotional, and economic independence.
- Helps consumers develop an Independent Living (IL) Plan that reflects their individual goals and needs; structures the IL Plan, completes appropriate documentation, assists consumers to learn and use the specialized skills or increased capacities needed to implement their IL plan.
- Help consumers develop independent living plans and complete personal goals.
- Help consumers’ access resources and information from numerous community agencies.
- Educate consumers regarding their rights, how to self-advocate for their needs, and how to complete the administrative process and paperwork needed to secure needed services.
- Provides vocational and employment skill building activities to assist consumers in finding and sustaining consistent work.
- BA/BS in Social Services preferred; Two (2) years of college or equivalent topic-specific training.
- Three (3) years in the health and human services field working with directly with clients or consumers.
- Experience in health and human services field a must
- Must be able to pass a background check and have reliable transportation.
Benefits package offered: Medical Dental Vision, generous PTO, 10 paid Holidays 403-B, Life Insurance, Bereavement Leave
Pay $17.24 – $21.21 DOE
Access Alaska, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Access Alaska, Inc. makes every effort to ensure that in every phase of its recruitment and selection processes equal employment opportunity is provided to all individuals regardless of race, color, genetics, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, change in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability, national origin or citizenship, or veteran’s status. Access Alaska, Inc. is an at-will employer.